The Oregon Boating Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization located in Newport, Oregon, is looking for an Executive Director with a passion for kayaking, sailing, and outdoor education. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills that will represent our organization publicly, support a culture of longevity, and grow the capacity of the organization.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to advance their career, positively impact our organization on a daily basis, and grow our programs.
The Executive Director contributes to the Oregon Boating Foundation’s mission of making safe, affordable boating opportunities available to everyone by managing the day-to-day operations of the organization. Additional responsibilities include budgeting, customer service, fundraising, and managing seasonal staff and volunteers. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, primarily to the Board President.
- A passion for non-motorized boating, outdoor education, and getting youth outdoors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Outdoor Education, Business Management, or similar disciplines
- Strong leadership and team-building skills with the ability to manage seasonal employees and volunteers, and work with a Board of Directors
- Ability to learn and utilize software to streamline booking, scheduling, accounting, and management processes
- Able to pass a background check in accordance with our youth protection policy
- Commitment to our mission and the value of boating education, safety, and environmental stewardship in defining our lives
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, work in outdoor environments, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, perform maintenance on boats and other hard-to-access equipment, and possess a valid driver’s license
This is a salaried position that requires 40 hours per week from June through September, then reducing to 10-12 hours per week during the rest of the year. Starting salary is $36,000 per year, but our Board is motivated to find the right leader to help us expand this to a year-round full-time position with a salary commensurate with fundraising performance.
How To Apply
The Oregon Boating Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing why you believe you’re a good fit for our organization to [email protected], or call 800-806-4882 for more information.
This position will remain open until filled.