The Oregon Boating Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization located in Newport, Oregon, is looking for seasonal sailing instructors with a passion for sharing their knowledge and experience with others. The ideal candidate is an excellent sailor and is responsible, safety-conscious, and reliable.
The Sailing Instructor contributes to the Oregon Boating Foundation’s mission of making safe, affordable boating opportunities available to everyone by teaching youth sailing camps and adult sailing classes. Sailing Instructors report directly to the Executive Director.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience operating a motorboat and a current Oregon Boating Card
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willing to get one prior to starting work
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience, sound judgement, and excellent customer service skills
- Able to pass a background check in accordance with our youth protection policy
- Responsible, safety-conscious, and reliable
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, work in outdoor environments, perform maintenance on boats and other hard-to-access equipment, and possess a valid driver’s license
This is a seasonal, hourly position that pays $15.00 an hour. Contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
How To Apply
The Oregon Boating Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please introduce yourself and describe your experience to [email protected], or call 800-806-4882 for more information.
Training begins in June, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. We’re looking forward to meeting you!