Aquatic CampSign Up Now
Sailing, Kayaking, and Stand-up Paddleboarding
Our Aquatic Camp provides a safe and enjoyable chance to learn the basics of sailing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding! Designed for youths ages 10 to 18 years of age, participants will spend two days sailing, two days kayaking, and a day stand-up paddleboarding. On Thursday we'll kayak up Beaver Creek for some wildlife viewing.
- $250 per person.
- Ages 10 to 18.
- Scholarships available!
On Monday, Tuesday, and Friday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4 PM at the Port of Toledo Marina in Toledo, Oregon.
On Wednesday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4 PM at Olalla Reservoir outside Toledo, Oregon.
On Thursday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4PM at Beaver Creek south of Newport, Oregon.
We have three Aquatic Camps scheduled this summer:
What To Bring
Each participant will need to be sure to have the following items:
- A well-fitted wetsuit or drysuit.
- A USCG approved, Type III life jacket.
- A whistle securely attached to life jacket.
- Lunch and snacks for each day.
For a full list or recommended items, please see our program gear list. Don't have a life jacket or wetsuit? In the Newport area, Ossies Surf Shop and Pura Vida Surf Shop offer wetsuit rentals. Feel free to email us or call (800) 806-4882 for help getting these items together.
As a matter of safety, to be eligible for our programs each participant must be:
- Between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Able to follow instructions and effectively communicate independently (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently swim 50 yards (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face-up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft (or with the assistance of a companion).
Our programs are open to everyone. Please email us or call (800) 806-4882 if you would like to participate but require special accomodations.
We pride ourselves on making our programs accessible to our community. Thanks to our generous donors, scholarships are available to help with the costs of program fees, equipment rentals, snacks, and lunches. Please email us or call (800) 806-4882 for more information.
We require at least 14 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled program, or we cannot provide a refund. Our programs require at least 3 participants. If your scheduled program is canceled, we'll notify you at least 14 days prior to the start of the program.
All of our activities are weather dependent, and may be cancelled due to inclement weather or other unsafe conditions. If your scheduled program is cancelled due to safety concerns, you'll receive a full refund.
Yes. All participants must sign a liability waiver in order to attend our camps.
It's important to us that everyone in our community has the opportunity to participate in our programs. Scholarships are available to help with program fees, wetsuit rentals, snacks, and lunches. We have no set criteria for scholarship eligibility.