Intermediate Kayak CampSign Up Now
Let's Go Camping!
Participants will build on the skills they learned in our Aquatic Camp and even go for an overnight camping trip at Elk City County Park. Parents or guardians are strongly encouraged to meet us at the campsite to enjoy camping with us.
On Monday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4 PM at Olalla Reservoir outside Toledo, Oregon.
On Tuesday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4 PM at the Port of Toledo Marina in Toledo, Oregon.
On Wednesday drop-off will be at 9 AM at Canyon Quarry County Park outside Toledo, Oregon.
On Thursday pick-up will be at 4 PM at Canyon Quarry County Park outside Toledo, Oregon.
On Friday drop-off and pick-up will be at 9 AM and 4PM at the OBF Boathouse in Newport, Oregon.
We have one Intermediate Kayak Camp scheduled this summer:
What To Bring
Each participant will need to be sure to have the following items:
- A well-fitted wetsuit or drysuit.
- A USCG approved, Type III life jacket.
- A whistle securely attached to life jacket.
- Nose plugs (We recommend that they have a lanyard).
- Lunch and snacks for each day.
- A tent, sleeping bag, and gear for an overnight camping trip.
For a full list or recommended items, please see our program gear list. Don't have a life jacket or wetsuit? In the Newport area, Ossies Surf Shop and Pura Vida Surf Shop offer wetsuit rentals. Feel free to email us or call (800) 806-4882 for help getting these items together.
As a matter of safety, to be eligible for our programs each participant must be:
- Between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Able to follow instructions and effectively communicate independently (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently swim 50 yards (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face-up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket (or with the assistance of a companion).
- Able to independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft (or with the assistance of a companion).
Our programs are open to everyone. Please email us or call (800) 806-4882 if you would like to participate but require special accomodations.
We pride ourselves on making our programs accessible to our community. Thanks to our generous donors, scholarships are available to help with the costs of program fees, equipment rentals, snacks, and lunches. Please email us or call (800) 806-4882 for more information.
We require at least 14 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled program, or we cannot provide a refund. Our programs require at least 3 participants. If your scheduled program is canceled, we'll notify you at least 14 days prior to the start of the program.
All of our activities are weather dependent, and may be cancelled due to inclement weather or other unsafe conditions. If your scheduled program is cancelled due to safety concerns, you'll receive a full refund.
Yes. All participants must sign a liability waiver in order to attend our camps.
It's important to us that everyone in our community has the opportunity to participate in our programs. Scholarships are available to help with program fees, wetsuit rentals, snacks, and lunches. We have no set criteria for scholarship eligibility.
Our Intermediate Kayak Camp takes place at four different locations during the week, and includes an overnight camping trip. Drop-off and pickup are at 9 AM and 4 PM at each location: